9/11/2012

Rocking Chair Re-do

I found a great rocking chair with a high back some days ago and thought it would go perfect in our guest bedroom. I have been looking for an occasional chair to fill one of the corners for some time and a good one finally came along!
Before
I knew I wanted to paint it black and do just a minimal amount of distressing. This chair was a bit of an experiment though because I decided to make my own chalk paint! You can make your own by following this "recipe." The first coat turned to be a deep charcoal rather than the black that I was going for.... (Although you'll have to trust me on this one since it looks pretty black on the picture)
During
So... I decided to go back to the paint store for the blackest black and try again! And after a bit of distressing, staining, waxing, and buffing... here is the final product:
After

Make sure to check out more pictures of this, and other projects, under the Portfolio tab! 

1 comment:

  1. Rocking chair looks great! I feel like it is one of those classic household pieces that a family had for years upon years that holds countless memories and now has new life breathed into it for yours or the next family that owns it thanks to your work!

    -Silas
    Roanoke, Va

    ReplyDelete